Saturday, March 21, 2009

In CA, is there any way to bypass the six month wait to get a license/drive alone for minors with a permit


In CA, is there any way to bypass the six month wait to get a license/drive alone for minors with a permit?
Hi, I'm a 15 year old soon-to-be high school junior living in CA. Because of my young age, I wasn't able to get my learner's permit until this week. I know that minors have to wait 6 months until they're able to get their real licenses, and normally I'd respect this, but as a college-bound junior there are things I want to do currently made unavailable to me because of this 6 month wait. This is very imperative. I have to drive from Ventura County all the way to San Marino every week for an internship, I have a part time job starting soon, and have to get to and from school starting this September. Both my parents work from roughly 7am to 7pm and I have no older siblings, so I can't rely on other people to give me a ride (and at this age, I shouldn't have to). I read in the driver's manual somewhere that special grants are permitted to minors under special circumstances, but it didn't say what specific circumstances exactly or what has to be done to require these grants. I'm not asking for a bona-fide license at 15 exactly, I just want to be lawfully allowed to drive to work and such alone without getting ticketed. If anyone knows about this, it would help me more than you know :)
Insurance & Registration - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
No, you cannot bypass the usual wait period.