Sunday, March 1, 2009

Clara Leanora (Peggy) Huntington Born to Henry E Huntington DOB 1878-1965


Clara Leanora (Peggy) Huntington Born to Henry E Huntington DOB 1878-1965?
I have been racking my brains out, trying to find the artist of a Collage Assemblage "Christ Esphagnol" Title; Artist I. Boileau. Exhibited at the American Legion Hall in San Fransico in 1953. Orginol owner Clara Huntington, who lived in San Francisco at the time. I believe she was the artist of this art work. On the back of the frame their is a name Beaux,that I can make out. the other writing is I believe is french. The writing is in pencil and very faint. I have searched the web, and asked alot of questions, still cant find what I'm looking for. Clara, is not the adopted daughter of Collis Huntington and Arnabell Huntington. Clara aka Peggy Huntington, lived in San Marino, San Francisco and Los Gatos California. I would like to know if anyone is familair with her history, and if she had done this Collage of Christ ? Also I would like to know what her art might be worth? I had heard that women artist used different names on their work,maybe Boileau is a surname a family member?
History - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Sorry, but the indications that you have given to me too much vague and are little detailed for being able to you to answer ....